Old January 4th 14, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

"Phil" wrote

But you see the same everywhere, how few use pay-at-pump, although

self-service checkouts do seem to have gained acceptance.

Today's news gave a new reason for this

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-petrol-glitch

NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland customers have become the victims of
another technical glitch that has resulted in many being unable to pay for
fuel at Tesco's petrol stations. Reports of the problems spread on social
media after customers' credit cards were declined when they tried to pay for
fuel.

The problem appeared to be limited to Tesco's pay-at-pump transactions,
which allow customers to pay for petrol without having to go into the shop.
Users inputting the correct pin three times found the payment denied and
their cards locked. The terminals require users to put their cards into the
machine before they fill up their vehicle.

An RBS spokesman blamed Tesco for yesterday's problems, and confirmed that
all the bank's systems were operating normally.

Tesco said: "We are investigating reports of problems affecting some of our
pay-at-pump services. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience
caused."

--
Mike D