Old January 4th 14, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

In message , at 13:38:52 on Sat, 4 Jan 2014,
" remarked:

Have they met the deadline set when first introduced [Dec 2012]:
"From the end of 2013, contactless payment cards will be accepted on the
Tube, Docklands Light Railway, London Overground and trams."

I'm not looking forward to that because it would seem it obsoletes my
"Onepulse Barclay/Oyster" - the system charges neither rather than one
or both, apparently. Will they be sending me an automatic refund for the
stored amount?

I thought that they were doing a pilot scheme first, before it came
into service on other forms of transport, besides the bus.

Indeed, and when the bus-only pilot was announced in Dec 2012 (as quoted
from above) the wider roll-out was said to be 'from the end of 2013'.

Will they allow capping now?

I presume so, but if anyone has any more recent announcements than Dec
2012 to base that upon, I'd be happy to see them.