Old January 4th 14, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

On 04/01/2014 14:48, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:39:40 on Sat, 4 Jan 2014,
Mizter T remarked:
The pilot started in December, and it doesn't seem like a "small
pilot" to me:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/28751.aspx

Unhelpfully, there's no date on that announcement (and yes, it does seem
to be a small pilot as someone is hand-checking whether the applicants
use their Oyster enough already).

Paul C posted about it here on utl on 22 November - thread subject is
"Take part in TfL's trial of contactless bank cards on rail modes":

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/uk.transport.london/TPI6o0Pq2sY/OBztk4vCg5kJ

The pilot is being prominently promoted on the front page of TfL's website:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

But I'll take your word on it that it's a small pilot.

But if we can *all* use contactless from "early 2014", then I look
forward to an announcement (undated or otherwise) letting us know from
when!

At least it's "early 2014", rather than "early Spring" which is
undoubtedly later.

Well, if one splits a year up into three equal chunks of early, middle
and late, then I guess it could be any time in the first four months.