Old January 5th 14, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

In message , at 09:09:21 on Sun, 5 Jan
2014, tim...... remarked:
But you see the same everywhere, how few use pay-at-pump, although

self-service checkouts do seem to have gained acceptance.

Today's news gave a new reason for this

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-petrol-glitch

I can't see that being a reason why people don't use them. No-one
would except that to be the result.

I don't use them because I can't be sure that the damned thing is going
to give me a receipt. Even if it doesn't tell you beforehand that it
is out of paper (ISTR that they do that) the process may fail at the
point of receipt production - and I have had that happen during one of
the very limited occasions where I had to use an automatic pump, so it
isn't just me being paranoid about an unlikely occurrence

iirc Tesco pumps warn you in advance that they are out of paper, but
ASDA ones simply fail to produce a receipt.