Old July 19th 03, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Transport science

Richard J. wrote:
"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
This isn't strictly a London matter, but it could be I
suppose!
I'm looking for an online resource where I can learn the
basics of transport science.

What exactly is "transport science"? I can think of all
kinds of different disciplines that are relevant to
transport -- engineering, physics, mathematics, economics,
etc etc, but I am not aware of anything called transport
science. What is it?

A catch all term for the subjects you've just mentioned.

If so, it's not a science.

Some people seem able to make anything into a "science", even common sense!

Also, it seems very unlikely
that there is one resource where you can learn the basics
of everything from moving-block signalling to rural bus
subsidies.

Very likely true. But I would have thought that the library at Imperial
College would be a good place to start. :-)