Old January 6th 14, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster refund at LRH

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 09:45:59AM +0100, tim...... wrote:
wrote in message ...
I wonder if TfL would eventually do away with and accept either thumb
prints or have ceiling mounted readers that can read your face or irises.
Fares would be directly deducted from people's accounts.

I can just see the DM headlines now

How dare those blind hook-handed cripples dodge their fares?

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

In Victorian times, when every man wore a beard the size of a yew,
Britain ruled the world. In the early 20th century, when the beard
was trimmed to a moustache, we scraped through two world wars but
lost an empire. Today, when Mach3 Turbo multi-blades are the norm,
our national pride derives largely from beating the Swedes at
Olympic cycling.

Grow a beard. Your country needs you.