Old January 6th 14, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim......) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(tim......) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
(tim......) wrote:

If TfL are expecting your average foreign tourist to start paying
for tickets using "pay wave" credit cards I think that they are
tilting at windmills

You only have to look at the number of suitably "qualified"
individuals who don't go through the self service passport check
(at
no risk and sometimes considerable time cost) to see how
"frightened" the average person is of such technology

Now maybe but the use of such cards will grow over time.

but not withing the timetable that Boris wants to close the ticket
offices IMHO

It's still some time till his 2015 deadline in terms of electronic
payment development timescales.

but nowhere near enought time for everybody to get used to using them

especially foreigners

I wouldn't be so sure.

so I asked the guys at work today:

It seems that the local banks are offering EMV cards (is the at right
technology?) to those that ask for them, but they aren't pushing them to all
customers.

I said "do you think that many people will be taking them up on this offer"
and the reply was "no, we're a conservative lot when it come to such things"

a sample of only one country, of course!

tim

`

--
Colin Rosenstiel