Old January 6th 14, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

Clive Page writes:

On 04/01/2014 01:01, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
"Phil" wrote

But you see the same everywhere, how few use pay-at-pump, although

self-service checkouts do seem to have gained acceptance.

Today's news gave a new reason for this

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-petrol-glitch

But that's probably not the only reason. I like to get a paper record
for every credit card transaction, so I can check my bill every
month. I used to use the "pay at pump" machines routinely but stopped
after twice finding at the end that the machine could not produce a
receipt. If the machine had been programmed properly to tell me this
at the outset that it was out of paper I could have avoided the pump
payment option. It often doesn't take much longer to pay at the
kiosk, and for me it's worth the extra few seconds to be sure that I
get a paper record of every transaction.

At Tesco/Shell/Morrisons, just go to another pump and press 'Reprint my
reciept', insert your card and you will get the receipt.

Phil