Old January 8th 14, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

On 07/01/2014 21:31, tim...... wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
Mizter T wrote on 06 January 2014 21:01:28 ...

On 06/01/2014 17:16, David Cantrell wrote:

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 08:46:47PM +0000, Clive Page wrote:

It could be that some of them are conditioned by the near
impossibility
of using ticket machines at stations in France (and for that matter in
the Netherlands) if you are a non-native.

The only problem I've had with ticket machines in Paris is that they
use
funny foreign coins that I don't recognise very quickly, which makes it
hard to figure out what to put in. If only Europe would adopt a single
currency, such as the pound.

Well, at least the funny foreign coins show the value as a number. I
feel sorry for foreigners trying to decipher "TWENTY PENCE" in letters
1.5mm high on the edge of our 20p coin.

when we still have the old 10p pieces, I can recall an American putting
one on the counter and asking the assistant is this (huge) coin worth
one, or two of your pounds?

tim

Clearly he did not understand the difference between pounds and
shillings/florins.