Old January 11th 14, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:01:28 +0000, Mizter T
wrote:

Paris TVMs (both RATP and SNCF Transilien) don't take notes, which is a
bit annoying.

With cards at least, Paris is better now. So is Brussels. It seems
to me that "city" operators are often more tourist-friendly than the
national rail operator when it comes to accepting foreign cards. TMB
vs. RENFE, STIB vs. SNCB...

Germany is a problem for me, now that my debit card is a Visa. DB
machines (and the diminishing number of shops that only take debit
cards) consider it to be a credit card and the computer says no for
smaller transactions. When it was a Maestro, there was no problem.

Richard.