Old January 12th 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Still Bendy buses in london

In message , at 12:35:29 on Sun, 12 Jan
2014, d remarked:
Aviation is part of the John Menzies group that runs the newsagents /
press distribution.

I haven't seen a john menzies for years.

There's probably more of them north of Watford Gap.

The ones I think I remember in the south were on run-down council
estates.

They used to be a fixture at most
large railway stations but they all seem to have been replaced by WHSmith.

Yes, the subject of franchising at railways stations crops up
periodically. And whether run by WHS themselves or SSP as a franchise,
they seem to have a stranglehold.

And WHS also dominates at airports (despite the presence of the 'other'
Menzies there).