Old January 13th 14, 10:16 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Martin Edwards[_2_] Martin Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Which UK railway station names do you feel are anomalous?

On 12/01/2014 13:02, Ken Ward wrote:
On 12/01/2014 08:27, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 12/01/2014 00:22, Aurora wrote:
Prior to 1889 Middlesex was the county at the heart of England,.........

I thought that was Warwickshire.

and I thought that was Mercia... :-(

Alfred united all of non-Danish England and began the /reconquista/ that
was completed by his son and grandson. Sadly, Mercia had ceased to be a
discrete entity, but if anyone wants to start a campaign for a regional

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman