Old January 25th 14, 06:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Underground 'to stay open' during strikes

In message , at 15:12:35 on Fri, 24
Jan 2014, tim...... remarked:
Outside central London,
most ticket offices are *already* closed for most of the time anyway.
You still don't see queues at the ticket machines.

what about the ones in the centre which are busy

Some of those will still have an open travel info office.

I think 8 or 9 "gateway" stations will have fully functioning TOs

One of which is Heathrow. Noticing (as I do) the mega queues at KX and
Victoria, even at the most obscure off peak times, they will
undoubtedly be included, but apparently not all of the Mainline termini
will

There's going to be an office at Kings Cross (well, St Pancras actually)
dispensing advice, not sure there will be a ticket office too.

When I was last at Euston I noticed there was an 'advice' centre on the
concourse, which may be a prototype for such things.

I'm not sure how
much the peripatetic staff with iPads will be able to do.

Not sue what they are supposed to do. I doubt actually issuing tickets
is on the remit

Dispensing advice, a bit like the 'Olympic ambassadors' I presume.