Old January 27th 14, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube stats remashed

In message , at 16:15:24 on Mon, 27 Jan
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
Some fascinating flows, who would guess that Stratford was the #1
destination from Knightsbridge.

That might be something to do with the Olympics.

It seems unlikely that travel patterns for a couple of weeks would
produce such a huge blip (the annualised flow is at least 5x what you'd
expect from looking at other stations in the vicinity).

The Olympics and Paralympics were about five weeks, plus there was
plenty of Olympics-related traffic before and after the games
themselves.

Still not enough to boost the annual ridership figures compared to
adjacent stations.

You are talking about around half a million extra trips *for that exact
pair of stations* crammed into 5 weeks.

The more I think about this, the more I suppose it must be a typo.

Looking at the dis-aggregated figures (which don't have any A-B numbers
but still purport to show relative numbers with different-sized circles)
the only time that Stratford looks interesting, ie could perhaps be near
the top of the table rather than some way down, is: Weekday early entry
(but itself a tiny proportion of the total)