Old February 9th 14, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default New TfL site in beta

"Richard J." wrote in message
There's a new TfL site in beta testing at http://beta.tfl.gov.uk
They're asking for feedback (link at top right of home page), and my
initial impression is that they certainly need lots of feedback. The new
Journey Planner results are presented appallingly, merging the current
levels 1, 2 and 3 into a sprawling mess.

I like the current TfL site presentation. It's generally logical, and
makes good use of the screen. The new one seems to require endless
scrolling of widely spaced lines. Usability badly degraded is my initial
impression.
--
Richard J.

I'm an infrequent user of the website. It might also be relevant to say
I'm using a 1920x1080 display and Firefox.

On first impressions I quite like the new layout. I'm not sure about the
graphic that informs me "we're working on it" but at least the whole thing
doesn't go blank and leave you wondering. The only real issue I had was
that when I clicked on a route to see details I couldn't close it until I
went to the header and clicked there which wasn't terribly intuitive for me.