Old February 11th 14, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering[_2_] Tim Roll-Pickering[_2_] is offline

Default Still Bendy buses in london

Roland Perry wrote:

Aviation is part of the John Menzies group that runs the newsagents /
press distribution.

I haven't seen a john menzies for years.

There's probably more of them north of Watford Gap.

No the shops were sold off to Smiths and rebranded in the late 1990s.

The ones I think I remember in the south were on run-down council estates.

They were more diverse than that. I grew up in Epsom which had a Menzies and
either a tiny Smiths or none at all until c1999.

From what I understand the English Menzies branches tended to be in small
towns and suburbs and there were very few of the large multi-levelled ones
that Smiths have. (I think Shrewsbury had a big one from visits to
grandparents but I may be confusing a Smiths with the one in Edinbugh.)

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c