Old April 14th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 at 08:30:36, The Only Living Boy in New Cross
wrote:

What I find more annoying is the fact that the lifts on the JLE,
which was specifically designed with accessibility in mind, are
constantly out of order...

And when they are in order, they ponk of pee....

Not in my experience. I've used quite a few while travelling with my
folded bike and they generally seem fairly nice and clean. Even the
ones in West Ham are nice, and if the people of West Ham can keep the
lifts clean surely anywhere else can!

On the subjects of the JLE lifts, does anyone else find the man who
does the announcments on all of them funny sounding? The way he says
"PLEASE DO NOT OBSTRUCT THE DOORS! STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS PLEASE." is
really very odd.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
"Dust Hill guy likes the Gordon clock"

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.