Old March 5th 14, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Brompton Road Tube station sold for £53m

In message , at 21:48:17 on Tue, 4 Mar 2014,
Mizter T remarked:
What have they sold:

a) the whole site
b) just the ground floor (in whatever way it's currently fitted out)
and below.
c) just the "below ground".

ps I'm sort of assuming they haven't sold the platform area and other
parts immediately adjacent to the line, on that level.

It's easy enough to look these things up, you know.

Inside MOD's tube station:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/inside-mods-tube-station

Disused tube station sells for £53 million:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/disused-tube-station-sells-for-53-million

The information you seek is all there.

Taking those in reverse order, the £53m story confirms that some of the
ground floor has been sold (as well as some subsurface parts) but is no
clearer about whether it's just the ground floor. Interesting that there
are garages included though (that's why I asked a few days ago if there
was any other access to the site, because a large residential property
on a central site might well be developed to have underground parking).

The "inside" story talks about lift-shafts and "lower western passages".
Perhaps some of the site is actually outside the ground-level footprint.
What's the opposite of a "flying freehold"? It also partly answers the
question about first floor and above, as it has some inside shots taken
on the second floor.

Of course, the various cadets using the building at the moment have to
be found alternative accommodation, so it's not entirely disused at the
moment. I wonder if there's some costly maintenance being avoided here?