Old March 6th 14, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Heaton[_4_] James Heaton[_4_] is offline

Default Brompton Road Tube station sold for £53m

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/03/2014 08:55, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
,
at
02:03:36 on Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Recliner
remarked:

I was suggesting a museum, which would not have required ongoing
MOD-funded maintenance; and would generate on-going proceeds from the
conversion and subsequent visitors as well.

London museums don't generate any net income.

Even ones like the wartime museum along the road from the London Dungeon?

I think that's now shut. The only good things I ever heard about it were
from people who were actually talking about the Cabinet War Rooms.

Seems to have closed in 2013, although some confusion on Trip Advisor -
latest review is 28-2-14 and he's pretty clear it's not the Cabinet War
Rooms he's referring to.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attract...n_England.html

Went a few years ago. Not bad, think we had a half price voucher or some
such offer. Like quite a few London attractions, full price would have felt
very costly.

James