Old April 14th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Train Timetables in MS Excel format

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"David FitzGerald" wrote in message
om...
I've been asked to produce a series of Excel spreadsheets with
train timetable information for a number of National Rail (London
only) routes. Besides using the Network Rail journey planner and
manually typing/pasting them in, is there any way of getting this
information into Excel? It's getting a bit complicated and time
consuming!

For those TOCs who publish timetables on their website in PDF
format, could you do a cut/paste from acrobat reader into Excel ?

I tried with one of the SWT timetables. You can cut and paste, but the
content gets garbled extensively in the process. Even the Column Select
tool doesn't seem to be much use, as it ignores blank entries in the
column. Text Select does the same horizontally. Possibly a Visual Basic
program could be written to disentangle it, but it doesn't look at all
easy.
--
Richard J.