Old April 14th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 at 12:39:58, Robin May
wrote:

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

And when they are in order, they ponk of pee....

Not in my experience. I've used quite a few while travelling with my
folded bike and they generally seem fairly nice and clean. Even the
ones in West Ham are nice, and if the people of West Ham can keep the
lifts clean surely anywhere else can!

Canning Town can't, if the expressions on the faces of the three young
people who used the lift yesterday were anything to go by!

On the subjects of the JLE lifts, does anyone else find the man who
does the announcments on all of them funny sounding? The way he says
"PLEASE DO NOT OBSTRUCT THE DOORS! STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS PLEASE." is
really very odd.

Haven't been on a JLE lift yet, only DLR ones - which did ponk of pee!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004