Old July 19th 03, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Chiltern plans for West Hampstead

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 -
Last night (16 July) Chiltern Railways gave a presentation and
question/answer session about their plans for a new interchange station
at West Hampstead, which I went along to.

Main points:
* Platforms for Chiltern, Met and Jubilee lines, Silverlink and
Thameslink (and possibly Midland Mainline). This would give direct
access to hundreds of stations -- including non-stop to Marylebone in 3
minutes.
*

I believe when the original Great Central arranged for its line to get
to Marylebone via the Metropolitan route, the agreement stated that the
Great Central must not serve any stations between Harrow on the Hill and
Marylebone, leaving these to the Met. I hope this agreement is not
still in force to prevent Chiltern stopping at West Hampstead!

Also, because of the above, is the route from Marylebone to Harrow on
the Hill one of the longest stretches of line from a London terminal
where a train can't stop? (I know there are much longer non stopping
services, but they all go through or by stations originally built for
their original railway company)

--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it