Old March 12th 14, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson[_3_] Peter Masson[_3_] is offline

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

"Phil Cook" wrote

Royal Mail went to first and second deliveries to just one some time ago.
The last letter is in theory about 14.00, which counts as lunchtime. The
first may be something like 10.30, but it will depend where you are on the
round. You may get post earlier or later than this if the postie is
covering for a colleague.

How it used to be:
When my grandparents were courting, before WW1, my grandfather was in the
Army, and didn't know until during the morning whether he'd be free to meet
my grandmother that evening - so he'd send her a postcard which would be
delivered during the afternoon. This was in Cork.

Peter