Old March 12th 14, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

In article ,
Peter Masson wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote

In London in the 40's you could post a letter in the morning informing
someone you'd be round for afternoon tea. By the 70's you could still post
a letter at 9pm in a town in the Southeast and expect it to be delivered to
someone in another town by 8am.

In 1970 I could post a letter at the main post office in Oxford up to
midnight and it would be delivered in South East London at breakfast time.

obrail I could put a letter in the posting box on the side of any TPO
well after midnight, provided it was going in the right direction :-)
/obrail

Nick