Old March 13th 14, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Optimist Optimist is offline

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 07:36:52 +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:

On 13/03/2014 00:21, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Just be grateful that we still have deliveries to everyone's front door,
six days a week, across the whole country, at a standard price. In years
come, we'll look back in amazement at that level of service. Most other
countries no longer offer it.

I'd rather cut deliveries down to three or even two a week if it would cut
the
cost of postage.

Sadly it probably wouldn't. And with online shopping such a key part of the
Royal Mail's business there'd be fierce opposition to reducing the speed of
delivery or else a decamp to incompetent couriers.

Why use incompetent couriers when there are plenty of competent ones
available.

I find the courier firms are far superior to RM for customer service. They actually answer the
phone when you ring the number on the card to say they have a package for you but you were out. They
will leave in the porch or elsewhere if you wish.

RM put a card through the door instead of trying to deliver the package, when you ring they don't
answer, they won't leave items to be collected at the local post office but at an inconvenient depot
on an industrial estate.