Old April 14th 04, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default Train Timetables in MS Excel format

I've been asked to produce a series of Excel spreadsheets with train
timetable information for a number of National Rail (London only)
routes. Besides using the Network Rail journey planner and manually
typing/pasting them in, is there any way of getting this information
into Excel? It's getting a bit complicated and time consuming!

Thanks,
David.

With trains which are at all regular there is the addition trick:

For a regular 15 minute interval, say, you could type something like:
=b2+(15/1440)
in cell c2, then cut and paste as required.

If a station is always, say, 3 minutes on from the previous one, you
could use:
=b2+(3/1440)
in cell b3, then cut and paste as required.

The important step is to set the number type in the cells to hh:mm,
then remember the colon as you enter each point!

With these things done, it's lighter work, but it's still a bit of a
challenge. If you like, e-mail me ) and I'll send you a
sample of a fantasy 2 hour period on the Midland Main Line I've
created for totally different purposes.