Old March 15th 14, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

On 15/03/14 13:52, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:40:45 on Sat, 15 Mar
2014, " remarked:

Also be nice to grab smaller items on the way into work too.

That's one prospective use of the additional space at stations once
TfL shuts all ticket offices, isn't it?

Yes it is, but I wouldn't hold my breath that things would be there in
time for people to grab them on the way to work (unless they were also
there to not-be-grabbed on the way home the previous day).

This is the main problem with the Royal Mail's current business model:
what they deliver "today" is generally too late for the normally
employed to do anything about it until "tomorrow".

Given Amazon are so massive, they might be able to do a courier deal for
overnight locker drops. No traffic, no parking problems, vans sitting
idle. The only cost would be "shift bonus" for the drivers - a small
cost compared to all the potential benefits.