Old March 16th 14, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
gareth gareth is offline

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message

Of course the couriers are mixed here - they usually do afternoon openings
but evenings and Saturdays are hit and mix, plus there's the difficulty of
physically accessing them. My favourite was on the tip of the North
Greenwich pennisular (I think it's no longer there) where I found the
pedestrian layout from the tube station next to impossible to allow me to
walk to it and I had to get a bus where the last stop before the Blackwall
tunnel was only a third of the distance, causing me to cross the river
more than needed.

One begins to wonder whether the Post Office et al really are in the
business
of providing a public service, or whether their main business is fostering
their own private comforts?