Old March 16th 14, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Plans approved to open Mail Rail 'secret Tube' as ride

In message , at 19:51:06 on Sun, 16
Mar 2014, Tim Roll-Pickering remarked:
That's one prospective use of the additional space at stations once TfL
shuts all ticket offices, isn't it?

Yes it is, but I wouldn't hold my breath that things would be there in
time for people to grab them on the way to work (unless they were also
there to not-be-grabbed on the way home the previous day).

This is the main problem with the Royal Mail's current business model:
what they deliver "today" is generally too late for the normally employed
to do anything about it until "tomorrow".

True though usually when I've come in mid morning to discover I missed a
package I've been able to get it from the sorting office that day, providing
I leave an hour from the time on the card.

I'm not just talking about things which are too big for a letterbox.