Old March 18th 14, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Card clash

In message , at 19:18:24 on Tue, 18 Mar
2014, Mizter T remarked:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/16/thousa...-after-oyster-
readers-charge-wrong-card-in-contactless-glitch-4610552/

"Just under one per cent of all Oyster and contactless journeys involve
a card clash and we are seeing this number continue to drop each week."

Sorry, but 1% seems very high.

My experience of card clash is an error 94 & the gates don't open.

I didn't think that gates were enabled for contactless cards yet.

Given there's a not-insignificant trial running, I'd suggest they are.

I'd forgotten about the trial.

But it's very worrying that they are charging the credit cards of people
not signed up to the trial. That seems to me to be completely wrong, on
many levels (for example, it means anyone can join the 'trial' just by
proffering their card).