Old April 3rd 14, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Crossrail to Reading

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:05:56 on Thu, 3 Apr 2014,
remarked:
The expected journey time from Liverpool St to Maidenhead (the lookup
thingy on the Crossrail website doesn't know about Reading yet,
although the maps do) is 49 minutes. That's pretty much exactly the
same as Aldgate East to Wimbledon on the District Line.

The District Line would not be one's route of choice if travelling
between those stations.

How would you travel between those points, then?

Transport Direct says the quickest (by as much as 10 minutes) is
change at Monument/Bank for the W&C[1], then National Rail from
Waterloo.

[1] No, not the "Water and Closet" Line!

Fair enough. I'm used to comparison with journeys to East Putney/Putney. The
via SWT fares are higher. I expect that is not so in the case of Wimbledon.

--
Colin Rosenstiel