Old July 19th 03, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

"Dave" wrote in message
Boltar writes
Sit down, have a nice cup of tea, put on your thinking cap, concentrate
*really* hard and you might just work it out.

Save the patronising for someone whos impressed by it. Just give us some
information as to why these escalators are so different from all others

in
the world. If you have any that is which I doubt.

It's so damn obvious that if you cant work it out, you must be a bit
thick.

Patronizing tone aside, am I correct in thinking that you're referring to
the levels of usage? Fenchurch Street has approximately one arrival and one
departure every ten minutes, meaning that each escalator is carrying the
passengers for approximately six trains every hour. A station like Tottenham
Court Road, in comparison, will be catering for more like forty trains every
hour - which are, I suspect, longer, and certainly more heavily used than
the C2C trains.

So the wear and tear experienced by escalators at key LUL stations is going
to be a hell of a lot greater than that at Fenchurch Street.

They're also a lot longer.

Jonn Elledge