Old April 3rd 14, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Crossrail to Reading

On 03/04/2014 19:31, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:01:09 on Thu, 3 Apr 2014,
Mizter T remarked:

I'm used to comparison with journeys to East Putney/Putney. The
via SWT fares are higher. I expect that is not so in the case of
Wimbledon.

It is the case.

Are we assuming everyone wants the cheapest journey, irrespective of how
long it takes, or the facilities[tm] available on the trains?

I wasn't assuming anything along those lines, merely addressing Colin's
question (or rather erroneous expectation) with regards to the fares.

For such a journey the fares will undoubtedly be a consideration for
some though, especially given the fact there's not a huge time saving in
going via Waterloo/SWT.

It's not quite the same as some of the cheaper route options which avoid
zone 1 (which exist on London Overground), where the extra journey time
can be rather more than 10 minutes.

Re the facilities issue - there are no loos on the class 455 trains
which provide the bulk of the Waterloo to Wimbledon service. Such
facilities exist at the aptly named Waterloo, of course.