Old April 4th 14, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Crossrail to Reading

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 07:15:41 -0500,

wrote:

That's the trouble. I was actually going to Putney, not Clapham Junction
I now recall, and that has no Highbury fare not via Zone 1 even though
that was the way I went. I'd touched the pink validator at Willesden
Junction too.

Well yes you would be caught by that. The alternative is to go on the
Overground to West Brompton, change to the District and touch the pink
validator on the interchange route and then alight at East Putney
(closeish to Putney but possibly not as convenient for you). That is
a defined route in the Fares Finder. You have to comply with the Fare
Finder in terms of where to change and touch. You can't invent your
own route validator touches as it won't align with the ticket routing
and charging logic held by gates or validators at the exit station.

East Putney would have been as good as Putney as it happens. It didn't occur
to me to change at West Brompton for some reason. I think I actually wanted
to travel by LO to Clapham Junction.

Are you saying that touching the pink validator at Willesden Junction
wouldn't be good enough to prove a not-via-Zone 1 route between Highbury &
Islington and East Putney? How on earth are passengers meant to know they
have to touch a particular pink validator?

--
Colin Rosenstiel