Old April 5th 14, 12:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Best route Cambridge to West Dulwich

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 18:22:31 -0500,

wrote:

Some dodgy route planning from the Greater Anglia (sorry, Abellio Greater
Anglia, the old URL gives a blank page now) web site. I think the best
cheap route is the 08:48 to Tottenham Hale, then Victoria Line. It
doesn't seem to think of this, despite it being about £4 cheaper (GA-only
off-peak day travelcard instead of any permitted) and as quick if not
quicker.

The TfL journey planner seems to think via Brixton is quicker than via
Victoria. In both cases then via SET to West Dulwich. Is that because the
Brixton interchange time would be more than a minute quicker than at
Victoria?

I suspect times at Victoria will be padded out to reflect the works
being done in the station plus the fact it is very busy on LU and NR
sides. The interchange at Brixton isn't marvellous - I assume you
know the way? On any day Brixton itself will be busy in the tube
station and on Brixton Road outside. To be honest I'd probably take
bus 3 from Brixton to West Dulwich but that's just me!

I'm talking of about 10:30 on Tuesday, so not that busy, surely? I've never
been to Brixton station, LU or SET. So I don't know the way between the two
and the journey planner map doesn't make it look very short.

--
Colin Rosenstiel