Old April 7th 14, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Crossrail to Reading

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 05/04/2014 14:53,
wrote:
[...]
Thanks for the explanation. The system isn't exactly transparent.

I was in fact interchanging at Willesden Junction because I got there on
a Richmond train.

So, when I goto West Dulwich next week, there is no point in looking for
a far avoiding Zone 1 because there won't be one? It says "Some journeys
are charged via Zone 1 irrespective of the route taken" in the single
fare finder. I'm going to get a paper Day Travelcard on this occasion
and avoid any hassle.

You can look for yourself using the TfL fare finder:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/fares/single-fare-finder

But (UIVMM) there's no avoiding z1 fare to those parts.

The system is all about set fares - the fare finder shows what fare
options (and route), if any, are available for a journey between any
two stations. You can't just freestyle it!

So when they say the fares are zonal they are basically lying.

--
Colin Rosenstiel