Old April 13th 14, 08:24 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Luton Guided Busway Dunstable

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 10:52:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:41:33 PM UTC+2, D7666 wrote:

Despite living within 1 km of the start of the guided bit of the busay,

and within 200 m n a straight line of the southern bus-only road but
unguided bit of the busway, I have yet to use any of it.

And I've not worked up any enthusiasm to go and do it.

I ought to really, since it was me who chartered the last passenger

carrying train that went along the Dunstable line, and, following out
of that, was invited on an H-B 20 operated weed killing train that did
the route, proving to be the very last train of all to traverse it
all of it.

I'm intrigued - what was the last train along it then? I had thought
it might have been the SBLC's "The Cobbler" railtour of Sept 1964.

Real tragedy to have lost this link, TBH. Could have run a Luton
Airport - L Buzzard - M Keynes service.

PP

Thameslink to Milton Keynes by way of Luton Airport would be a winner.
The nationalized railway with the butcher at the helm ensured that
this is unlikely ever to happen.
--

http://www.991fmtalk.com/ The DMZ in Reno