Old April 14th 14, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Man avoids prosecution after paying back £43,000-worth of train fares

Man avoids prosecution after paying back £43,000-worth of train fares
Commuter exploited Oyster card loophole, paying only £7.20 for travel
between East Sussex and London Bridge over five years

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...00-train-fares

I am surprised the usual suspects haven't posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27019782
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-sussex-london

Can we do a info request for how many oyster cards have more than 200
failures to swipe in per year ?

I suppose a zone 1-2 travelcard would have been cheaper but would have been
cast-iron evidence of fraud.

--
Mike D