Old April 22nd 14, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

In message , at 14:49:09 on
Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I've used Oyster for years - PAYG and combined with a Travelcard. I
have had one mischarge in all that time which I queried and which was
resolved within minutes.

Others have not been so lucky (either avoiding mischarges or getting it
resolved quickly).

I do keep an eye on my charges as I travel.

An important question is "should that be necessary". Or perhaps "are we
surprised we need to do it", when 'advances' in a wide range of utility
billing merely gives the consumer ever more things to have to check up
on.