Old April 23rd 14, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

In message , at 23:08:20 on
Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
If I know I'm likely to be making rail journeys
then I will check to see how the journey is priced in the Single Fare
Finder so I can see what I'll be charged or if a cheaper fare / route
exists. Sometimes I have to do this using my smartphone while "on the
move" to avoid unnecessary charges.

That's all *such* a huge imposition on the traveller, compared with
selling them a paper ticket.