Old April 23rd 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 04:11:24PM -0500, wrote:

Also, how do you keep an eye on your charges if you use the older gates that
reveal no useful information?

I have never seen any useful information displayed at a gate other than
variations on the theme of "your ticket didn't work, try again".

Oh, there are lots of other things displayed. But unless I stop and look
carefully while people queue up behind me, and then pull my phone out,
navigate to the right page on TfL's website, and carefully compare the
two - the "information" isn't useful information at all.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

You are so cynical. And by "cynical", of course, I mean "correct".
-- Kurt Starsinic