Old April 24th 14, 05:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

In message , at 00:56:04 on
Thu, 24 Apr 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I think points 1 and 3 are key. For their part, a user should be able
to keep to the "always touch in and out" requirement -- regular,
tourist or whatever. It isn't difficult! (But let's not speak of
Wimbledon.) There needs to be only a tiny risk of trouble, having
complied with this rule. Much of this will be moot once we've got CPC
going on all modes, but still applies to any ITSO schemes.

Why will it be moot with a CPC? You will surely be required to touch
in all the same places as an Oyster user does to generate an adequate
transaction trail to allow TfL to calculate fares and caps.

There is nothing magical about a CPC that allows TfL to determine
you've avoided Zone 1 if you haven't touched on a pink validator at a
relevant defined interchange.

Or that you've touched something n-1 or n+1 times by mistake, creating
an unresolved journey.