Old April 24th 14, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 03:25:23PM +0100, David Walters wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:01:08 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
Well, mostly happy. Once I'd found out that they'd ****ed up, and I'd
filled in a form on their website, there was an additional step
required. Before they could refund me, they had to talk to me on the
phone. Which is a bit of a problem, because I'm deaf, but eventually and
with the nice gentleman in the call-centre repeating himself a lot we
got it sorted.

They claim to have a Textphone. Is that any help in these situations?

Not really, because I'm not deaf enough to make such an expensive device
necessary. And if someone is going to communicate using text, the
interweb is a much better medium. And because as far as I can tell all
textphones are designed to work with those obsolete fixed line things. I
don't even remember where the BT socket is in my flat!

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.