Old April 24th 14, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 09:46:19AM -0500, wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:
Oh, there are lots of other things displayed. But unless I stop and look
carefully while people queue up behind me, and then pull my phone out,
navigate to the right page on TfL's website, and carefully compare the
two - the "information" isn't useful information at all.

It tells you the fare deducted and the new card balance if it's not one of
the old gates.

Not useful, unless you're in the tiny minority that have memorised what
the fares should be and who know what their card balance is at all
times. And you still have to stop and bend down to see what it says
while the person behind is trying to push you through the gate because
they're not expecting you to stop and admire the scenery.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

23.5 degrees of axial tilt is the reason for the season