Old April 28th 14, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:55:20 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 07:55:11PM +0100, Richard wrote:

[...] Alternatively give us a smartphone app to do it!

When I put in the refund claim that started this thread I could have
done it through a browser, as long as that browser didn't use Webkit. So
you can already do it if you have a crappy smartphone. There are
probably Oystery apps that have this feature too, although the one I use
for checking my journey history doesn't have it.

There are places where the app can update the card directly using NFC
-- RMV in Germany are doing this. I wonder whether this is even
possible with Oyster? I suppose it won't matter soon with bank cards
and then (maybe) "dumb" Oyster... I believe it is possible with ITSO
though so we might see it done there.

Richard.