Old May 1st 14, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Inter city tickets to London Overground stations

Just wondering how this could be explained - I was in Bath yesterday and
travelling back to Shadwell. According to National Rail an off-peak
single to Paddington was £31.50 (what the machine actually spat out was
a Super Off-peak single to London Terminals for that). However, a
search for Waterloo finds the cheapest ticket is £34.50.

Each was any permitted in routing terms, and given Waterloo is a
legitimate London Terminal (having changed at Reading) the £3
discrepency seems odd.

However, that's not what I came here to post about - given the tube
strike, my uncertainty of routing and my inability to find/see large
pink Oyster routing indicators I thought I would be cunning and look at
the price of a ticket straight to Shadwell as it's technically a
National Rail station. The quoted off-peak price? £58.00.

I'm not normally one to get het up about petty price disputes, but even
I have to admit that £26.50 for a Z1-2 single seems a little steep....