Old May 1st 14, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Inter city tickets to London Overground stations

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 11:17:02 on Thu, 1
May 2014, Someone Somewhere remarked:
I'm not normally one to get het up about petty price disputes, but
even I have to admit that £26.50 for a Z1-2 single seems a little
steep....

The difference is a result of the single to Shadwell only being £1 less
than the £59 return, whereas the single to Paddington is [much closer
to] half the price of the £55[1] return.

So this is a result, I presume, of FGW setting BTH-PAD and some other
op-co setting the price of BTH-SDE.

FGW sets both fares, but obviously have a different policy for the
price of singles on different tickets they set.

I know that a few years back FGW changed from off-peak singles being
returns minus £1 to a more reasonable value, so presumably someone
else hasn't, even though 90% plus of the journey is actually on FGW?

This is all FGW's "fault". Although I don't think we should
discourage them from offering more-reasonably priced singles on those
flows which they do.

There is presumably no super-off-peak ticket to Shadwell?

--
Colin Rosenstiel