Old May 12th 14, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default District Line trains crashed into each other

If I was betting on it, I would say its a straight copy and paste
of a press release, written by yet another Kevin in the LT
PR department, assuming they have one.

TfL press releases are online -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media...es?intcmp=4536 Nothing
there.

My bet would be on the manager being put in the frame to speak about the
incident when the new broke yesterday - quite possibly at short notice.
I don't blame an operational manager for misusing a word. I'd much
rather have an operational manager who can manage the operations than
manage the media. And even if he's had some media training I can well
imagine the struggle not to say something like "it was just a bloody
scrape - a bit like what Ed Balls didn't even notice in the car park -
and while of course it shouldn't have happened the union are making too
much of it"
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid