Old May 12th 14, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default District Line trains crashed into each other

Basil Jet wrote on 12 May 2014 17:20:41 ...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...l?icn=ticker-2

Dear me, District Dave's forum has banned all discussion about this
thankfully mild collision, and all u.t.l can do is debate the wording of
the press release/report.

The scrape occurred between East Putney and Southfields, on a section of
the District Line that used to be part of Southern Region BR. I
understand that LU now manage the stations, but that the signalling is
still operated by Network Rail. The key question, since it is alleged
that the incident was caused by movement of the track, is who now
maintains the track. LU (ex-Metronet) or Network Rail? And if the
latter, is it as a subcontractor to LU or as owner of the track?
--
Richard J.