Old May 14th 14, 12:56 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Investigation under way after Tube train collision

On Tue, 13 May 2014 17:06:59 +0100, Mizter T
wrote:

On 13/05/2014 05:38, Aurora wrote:
[...]
The S7 stock is some of the widest to ever operate in the UK. When
Network Rail, or their predecessors, has operated stock with new
kinetic envelope characteristics they have been known to cobble
together a gauging vehicle and move it over the intended routes taking
measurements. Is it within TfL's wit to carry out such an exercise?

It is always a mistake to presume to know another's thoughts, and this
is no exception.

I appreciate you consider the entire organisation

No, I am not familiar with the entire organization, only those parts
with which I interface. I knew a mainframe programmer who contracted
for what was then LRT(London Regional Transport)? He was more than
competent. And, clearly whoever nurture's TfL's corporate image does
an excellent job.

to be grossly

One was tempted to counter grossly, and then I remembered the SSL
resignalling. That has been one of TfL's many blunders.

incompetent, but yes, LU did do gauging tests for the S7/S8 stock.

Well that is good to hear.

--

http://www.dennismillerradio.com/ The DMZ.